Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Supply Planning Manager is responsible providing leadership to a team responsible for the continuous supply of finished goods from multiple global suppliers to meet customer service and inventory level goals and objectives. Also, this position works cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Distribution, Manufacturing, Procurement, Finance, Quality and Regulatory to co-ordinate supply chain activities including, but not limited to supply chain business planning, supply network design and performance management, business continuity planning, inventory management, and product lifecycle management. Strong leadership and analytical skills, coupled with a high level of initiative and excellent communication skills in a global supply chain environment are essential to achieve these objectives.
- Champions supply planning initiatives to maintain and improve customer and supplier service levels while maintaining optimized inventory levels. Key Performance Metrics: Customer Unit Fill Rate, Inventory Value and Days of Supply, Slow Moving and Obsolete Inventory, Supplier Performance.
- Ensures team delivers adequate supply replenishment plans based on current inventory position, supplier lead times, unconstrained open stock and promotional forecasts, supplier capacity, safety stock requirements.
- Approves Purchase Orders as required in alignment with the consensus operational plan.
- Provides Leadership to a group of supply chain professionals to achieve stated business outcome goals and performance objectives. Responsible for Associate development and succession planning.
- Addresses, with a sense of urgency, any supply issues, additional costs and preventative actions to vendors in the event of late deliveries and/or short shipments. Through direction to the Supply Planning team, provides analysis, communication and corrective actions for these events.
- Key participant of the S&OP process and Supply Planning representative at the Franchise S&OP meeting; elevates unresolved supply planning issues; provides input, offers potential solutions and supports follow-up activities.
- Supports new product introductions, change management projects and execution of promotional activities.
- Responsible for optimizing supply chain performance through collaboration with stakeholders on such variables as lot sizes, delivery schedules, and production/distribution capacity.
- Actively benchmarks in order to improve overall processes and results. Seeks and leverages synergies and opportunities with global supply chain counterparts.
- Prepares and maintain reports as required to support the function, operations, and key performance metrics.
- Develops the annual Inventory/DOS plan & updates to coincide with financial cycle updates
- Procedure writing and maintenance for all applicable processes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University degree in Science, Engineering, Business or Logistics. MBA is an asset.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in a multi-faceted business environment using automated demand and supply planning processes.
- Proven track record of effective supply chain performance, including customer service, supplier and asset management, and continuous process and systems improvement.
- Effective communication & presentation skills; ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of people leadership and development.
Technical Competency Requirements:
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office software.
- Certification from an accredited Logistics program (PMAC, APICS or Professional Logistician) is an asset.
- SAP/MRP knowledge an asset.
- Process Excellence / Six Sigma - Green Belt / Lean Manufacturing is an asset.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)Job Function
Inventory Planning/ControlRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.