Manager Surgery (RN) / Operating Room / Full Time / Days
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Posted: December 16, 2017
Reference ID: 00147-6969
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
Nurse Manager Operating Room (SURGICAL SERVICES)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Surgical Services Director, the Manager oversees the Clinical coordinators. The manager works collaboratively with the Clinical Coordinators in guiding their department's growth, patient satisfaction, physician's relations and fiscal responsibility. The manager supervises and directs the delivery of patient care and care related services for the OR in accordance to administrative policies, as well as hospital vision, mission and strategies. The manager works collaboratively with staff, physicians, and other disciplines within the hospital to create a system of safe, quality health care.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain Clinical knowledge of areas within the department
2. Assists Clinical Coordinators with operations involving scheduling and staffing to ensure patient, office and surgeon satisfaction.
3. Assist educator with competency development
4. Interview and hire personnel
5. Assess and evaluate employee work performance; implement learning plans and complete staff yearly evaluations
6. Counsel staff; implement disciplinary process when indicated, including termination
7. Provide leadership in compliance with regulatory agency standards, national nursing standards and specialty nursing standards
8. Evaluate patient outcomes
9. Assist Surgical Services Director with unit budget
10. Monitors quality audits and quality measures
11. Manages and collaborates on aspects pertaining to supplies, instruments, and equipment for OR.
EXPERIENCE: (Minimum relevant work experience for successful job performance)
1 to 3 years
4 year/Bachelor's Degree preferred
NH RN License or valid compact state RN license.