Reporting to the Director Systems Engineering, the Systems Engineering Manager is responsible in leading and developing a world-class Systems Engineering organization. SE Manager will provide leadership in three areas- business leadership, people leadership and technical leadership. Partnering and collaborating with various teams in organization SE Manager is responsible to develop team efficiencies programs that enable continual improvement. Actively managing the growth and development of the team to ensure the competency of the SE team is at its best and diverse to support the business technologies and solution offerings. Collaborating and leveraging the team skills to support all aspects of the business to improve effective business interactions, revenue growth and high levels of customer satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates the capacity to influence, led by example and recognized as a leader of tomorrow by peers, team, and senior management.
- Continual self-development with regard to technology, industry, processes, and programs in order to assist the SE team in meeting the organizational goals
- Establish and communicate clear objectives, productive and measurable growth plans for continual improvement.
- Manage and motivate through listening, communicating, coaching, mentoring, delegation, and empowerment. Has the ability to persuade through passion and lead by example. Build and maintain high morale through regular recognition and reward opportunities.
- Exhibit executive communications, conduct effective meetings, presentations, negotiate, resolve conflicts, and exhibit effective time and priority management.
- An effective business partner and trusted advisor, responsible for developing and executing technical business plans aligned to business goals and success. Understands benefits of creating open effective communities.
- Align Systems Engineering team and resources to effectively work with other teams, delivering on commitments and drive results.
- Develop maintain the right skills across the Systems Engineering team to deliver against current and future needs of organizational product strategy and direction.
- Strong background in design and implement VMware vSphere infrastructure for public and private cloud platforms.
- Strong background in design, Implement and support Systems Infrastructure using rack mounts and Blade Chassis infrastructure. Experience with Fujitsu, HPE and Nutanix would be preferred.
- Strong background with Automation.
- Experience with SAFe Agile
- Demonstrated experience designing, building and administering complex IT infrastructure components in support of ITIL standards, focus on highly available configuration and disaster recovery techniques.
- Knowledge of BMC ITSM ticketing systems used for incident and change management as well as IPSoft platform
- Experience with variety of technologies across networking, operating systems, storage, backups, Cloud, virtualization, systems and tools
- Expertise with HPE, Fujitsu, Netapp, Infinidat, Brocade, Dell EMC, IBM, VMware Cisco, Microsoft Azure, Zerto and Commvault technologies including compute ( blades and rack mount), Storage Arrays, Fiber Channel SAN/Switches, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS and SMB protocols.
- Expertise around specifying, designing and implementing cloud management, system health, storage, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools.
- Excellent working knowledge of best practices in security, including access control, log analysis, intrusion detection and incident response.
- Expertise with systems infrastructure (server, network, storage, load balancing, clustering)
- Experience with Git and Github-based workflows.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Salt Stack, CF-Engine, Ansible)
- Experience with Big Data and Analytics workloads a plus
- Expertise in a Hybrid Cloud environment.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.