Tax Planning Manager
You will have the responsibility for research, planning and implementation of international tax projects as well as reviewing and analyzing international tax implications of projects. Assisting with the management of international and domestic tax inspections and management of global tax planning strategies will be a key element. Review of various US and Non US tax returns to ensure planning projects are properly reported. Your strong ability to effectively lead and direct all activities regarding all tax research, planning and compliance of the company as it relates to assigned tax planning initiatives will make you successful in this career opportunity.
• Responsible for tax research, analysis, planning and implementation of international tax reduction projects.
• Responsible for coordination of US tax accounting and tax reporting requirements relating to tax planning projects with other groups within the tax department.
• Responsible for dissemination of information regarding new tax developments to Operations, and other areas of the company to create new tax reduction opportunities.
• Responsible for review of tax technical publications and other corporate publications for technical accuracy of planned tax reduction strategies, as well as development of new opportunities for tax savings.
• Review of US and Non US International tax compliance
• Review of calculations of tax implications of various tax planning projects
• Responsible for supporting all audits by various tax authorities as they relate to the defense of tax planning initiatives previously implemented.
• Bachelor degree in accounting with Masters degree, in Accounting/Tax or Law degree preferred.
• Minimum 8 years of experience with large multinational corporate tax structures or equivalent relevant experience.
• Minimum 3 years of supervisory and/or tax management experience.
• CPA a plus.
• In-depth knowledge of US international tax law required; knowledge of foreign tax law a plus.
• Proven organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with general management and tax and non-tax professionals in a multi-cultural environment.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.