Job Location: Aurora, IL or Tampa, FL, Oriskany NY,
This position will reside in the Group Program Management Office, a consolidated organization in Group Benefits Operations responsible for execution of the Group Benefits project portfolio. The Manager - Technology Liaisons will lead a team of Business Analysts providing solution based business requirements and process maps for Sales, Underwriting, and Workflow projects. The manager will also be a member of the Group PMO and Business Analysis extended leadership teams.
- Full people management responsibilities (including hiring, firing, and performance management) overseeing a team involved in writing requirements/process maps for projects of all sizes, spanning various parts of the organization and lines of business.
- Coach team members on requirements gathering, process mapping analysis.
- Drive operational excellence and customer focus in business requirements and process designs, streamlining and simplifying as appropriate to deliver optimal solutions.
- Be a solutions provider and consultant to business sponsors. Analyze and design solutions to solve varied business needs working with partners.
- Translate senior management vision and develop department vision, strategy, service levels, and business objectives working with the Director, Business analysis. Communicates vision and strategy to staff.
- Partner with IT and other operational areas. Manage relationships to build strong working partnerships.
- Determine specific application software requirements and operational process needs to address complex and varied business needs.
- Conduct research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues and develop formal recommendations for presentation to management.
- Lead project meetings, business requirement and process mapping meetings if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Provide thought leadership.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Highly organized and ability to work on own and as part of teams.
- Capable of working in a matrix environment and managing matrix teams.
- Ability to translate varied business needs into application software requirements/operational process improvements.
- Extensive experience and proven ability to analyze complex information and determine what is important for the solution/project.
- Knowledge of MetLife Group Benefits insurance products, business processes, workflows, and connections between capabilities desired.
- Knowledge of MetLife Group system infrastructure, data flow, system transactions and functionality desired.
- Experience working in different project development life cycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile).
- Knowledge of Business Analysis tools such as Blueprint is an advantage.
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence cross–functional stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of system design processes, methodologies and testing process.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- 10 years of Insurance Industry experience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 51661