The individual selected for the CPC Manager Trainee position will complete field training assignments preparing them to function competently as a Manager in a Parallon CPC (Credentialing Processing Center) organization. Field training will ensure participants are knowledgeable in all aspects of the CPC operational processes including but not limited to, intake unit, correspondence unit, quality review unit, Expedited Processing unit, call center unit, client support manager processes, compliance unit and all operational reports, such as turnaround times, account aging, dynamic expirables, inventory reports, etc. The participants must display competency in specialized aspects of the position to include a very detailed understanding of Cactus software and how it is integrated with operations, other credentialing application system knowledge (HCO, DMO/DMI), perform quality review on provider files, write ad hoc queries, provide customer support and resolve customer issues that arise. Participants are expected to accept interim management assignments as needed. Individuals selected for this position participate in extensive development activities to prepare them as Managers in an CPC environment. Duties (included but not limited to):
• Participants satisfactorily complete field training assignments, within a CPC, specifically designed to perfect management, analytical and technical skills within areas listed in the "Job Summary" section above.
• Participants provide a high quality resource of knowledge, skills and work experience to facilities during course of training and fieldwork
• Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers
• Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to file turnaround times, opportunities to reduce to turnaround times, identification of compliance risk, opportunities to partner with customer and reduce rework.
• Demonstrates high level of proficiency and knowledge in CPC functions and responsibilities
• During the program, participants may serve as interim manager or director within various CPC's and/or functions to further enhance their management and technical skills
• Satisfactorily completes special projects as assigned
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION • BS or BA degree required
• MBA or MHA degree preferred.
• Experience in healthcare, healthcare management or finance
• NAMSS CPCS or CPCSM preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom