As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide proven expertise and best practices for revenue cycle in hospitals and hospital systems. Our purpose is simple: We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
WHY JOIN THE PARALLON TEAM?
Parallon provides a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Core Plus Voluntary Benefits, Direct Deposit, E-Stubs, 401K Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Wellness and a variety of other benefits available to Parallon employees. These competitive benefits provide employees with a total rewards package during their employment.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Participants in the Manager Development program will follow a standard education and mentoring process.
This curriculum has been designed to provide a big picture understanding of the inner workings of each department in the Shared Service Center. The knowledge and skills gained during the departmental training, technical rotations, and on-the-job mentoring will provide the participants with the tools they will need to effectively manage, direct, and lead operational teams. The general expectation of program length is twelve months. Participants will complete rotations in all departments within Patient Account Services including, but not limited to: Patient Access, Billing, Collections, Payor Analysis and Reimbursement, Insurance Verification, Appeals and Denials, and Customer Services.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Program participants satisfactorily complete scheduled classroom training at Parallon Shared Service Center
• Participants satisfactorily completes field training assignments, specifically designed to perfect management and technical skills within areas listed in the "Job Summary" section above
• Participants provide a high quality resource of knowledge, skills and work experience to facilities during course of training and fieldwork
• Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers
• Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance denial trends and reduced percentage of error
• Demonstrates high level of proficiency and knowledge in front office and back office functions and responsibilities
• During the program, participants may serve as interim manager within various facilities and/or functions to further enhance their management and technical skills
• Satisfactorily completes special projects as assigned
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Policies and Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial Management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Start-Up Operations - understands complexities and needs to start-up build and maintain a new business
• May require long work hours, shift work and weekends
• Geographic flexibility may be required for promotional opportunities
• Requires occasional travel for training and educational opportunities
• Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Business, Accounting, Finance, Healthcare Management, or Hospitality.
• MBA or MHA degree preferred.
• Proven leadership abilities/experience in extracurricular activities, volunteer work, coursework, internship and/or work experience required.
• Minimum GPA requirement: 3.25
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom