What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Treasury Cash management and Financing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do.
- Coordinate and prepare of the Finance Committee materials and annual RA meeting by interacting with FP&A, Legal and other relevant departments within Verizon
- Review material with Treasurer and provide feedback to relevant subject matter experts
- Interact with investment community as appropriate and assist answering investor questions
- Provide feedback from investment community to leadership
- Benchmark VZ credit against peers
- Prepare Fixed Income targeting report
- Prepare outstanding list of debt and credit ratings for IR website
- Prepare and develop monthly and quarterly reporting including debt & cash flow reports
- Support earnings release with preparation and review of various calculations and schedules
- Prepare and review calendar of meeting dates for Finance committee, dividend and other Treasury activities
- Utilize Ipreo to support any ad-hoc requests ahead of investor meetings (i.e. pulling investor profiles, etc).
- Prepare / review the outstanding list of debt and credit ratings for IR website
- Support quarterly earnings process including developing earnings script communicating cash flow and financing activity
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of the periodic Treasury Operations and Town hall decks as necessary
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Treasury, Accounting, and/or financial analysis experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on spreadsheet and presentation applications.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CFA, CTP, CPA).
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency in investment application such as ThomsonReuters and Ipreo
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and presentation skills
- In-depth understanding of rating agency methodology for VZ credit, captive application and other relevant activities (i.e. equity credit for alternate capital structures) sufficient to communicate key nuisances to senior leaders
- Strong financial acumen including a thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by research analysts and investors to project a company’s operating & financial performance, capital structure and the resulting value for its stock
- Experience with Advanced Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience deploying and adapting to new and emerging tools (e.g., robotic process automation, natural language generation, etc.)
- Skilled at integrating internal and external information and turning findings or raw data into meaningful information
- Proficiency with statistical or scientific software packages (R/SPLUS, Mathematica, MATLAB, or similar)
- In-depth understanding of SEC disclosure rules and regulations
- Ability to interact with senior management team, providing insight and guidance
- In-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- An ability to communicate complex information in an articulate, accurate and positive manner
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.