Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The ideal candidate is an all-around designer with both interaction and visual design skills. He/She will thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual should have a passion for empathizing with the needs and behaviors of people, the business and how to solve for them through design. Responsibilities :
- Partners with design, engineering and product management team members in the execution and delivery of successful products and services, using a customer-focused, iterative design process.
- Leads UX efforts across one or many teams, setting design direction, driving discussion and activities, while participating in delivery, planning, and coordination efforts.
- Determines best UX solutions based on customer feedback and business goals and helps to determine overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as needed based on the context of the solution and customer.
- Creates high quality deliverables and executes based on UX goals and priorities while driving the success of overall UX team delivery through the oversight and guidance of a smaller UX team.
- Leverages, fosters and extends the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets in the creation of UX analysis, solutions, and materials; proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones and fosters UX artifact reuse and consistency across team members and/or projects.
- Contributes to the adaptation of PayPal UX tools, methodology, and software, proposes new solutions or optimizes existing ones, and fosters UX artifact reuse and consistency across team members and/or projects.
- Sets an example and creates opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics. Drives UX team delivery excellence, furthering internal and external UX influence and goals, while providing detailed feedback regarding all UX deliverables and outputs.
- Formally mentors more junior UX resources, providing goals, development, career insight and guidance in facilitating discussions, and creating deliverables.
- Formally mentors more junior UX resources in best practices, process and methodology.
- 8+ years experience
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in the study of design including one of the following; Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- Master of the UX lifecycle with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization.
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods to uncover customer insights
- Experience providing oversight of a large product, program, or simultaneously coordinating multiple smaller initiatives and teams, including teams led by more junior leaders.
- Thorough knowledge of key channels and platforms, with experience in mobile, portable, dedicated, web, and native solution design.
- Experience with resources such as; pattern library, repositories, and internal communication tools.
- Solid knowledge of story and backlog management tools and resources (Rally, etc.)
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.