Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple sites or related teams. Develops business unit, department or sub-function plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and segment/functional objectives.Key Responsibilities
- Ensures that specific project and program objectives are defined for areas of responsibility, and that necessary preliminary activities (e.g., determination of outcomes, milestones, viability studies, and resource planning, among others) are completed to allow for effectiveness and focus during later stages of completion.
- Ensures that all projects and programs assigned are completed in accordance with predetermined requirements, with specific attention to product/process specifications, project/program costs, resource utilization, and timeliness for completion.
- Ensures that all phases of project, program and/or process development are documented and that information required in other functional areas is reported, disseminated, or transferred, as appropriate.
- Responsible for departmental budgets and spending requirements. Ensures that the utilization of all material and financial resources is carried out in an effective manner.
- Effectively assigns work to subordinate staff, providing for professional development in addition to maximum productivity for the area. Responsible for conducting appraisals, feedback & handling work allocations for direct reports and approving the same for indirect reports.
- Spearheads research and development of new technologies, as appropriate, and ensures that newly created processes, designs, and/or methodologies are incorporated into Applied Materials products/services, and/or disseminated to other areas as needed.
- Responsible for overseeing the development, support, maintenance and implementation of all projects handled by the BU/ technology group through lower level managers.
- A leadership position, responsible for identifying functional linkages across the organization and develop appropriate processes and road map for the BU/ technology group including hiring plans, training requirements, staffing etc.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the business results of a team or area by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans
- Guided by business unit, department or sub-functional business plans
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.