The Global Finance Support Record to Report Manager is a senior role responsible for oversight of the Applied Materials Global Shared Service Center's balance sheet reporting, monitoring controls, SOX 404 compliance, and providing support to both our internal and external auditors. This role regularly collaborates with various other finance groups including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Order to Cash, Treasury and Corporate Accounting. Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to interpret & execute policy & adhere to industry financial standards
- Review, monitor & authorize spending for functional teams
- Set mission, vision & direction of direct management team
- Represents team on strategic corporate initiatives including ERP implementations
- Senior management review of the Shared Service Center's balance sheet package
- Establish expectations for SOX 404 compliance including the senior management review of the annual self-assessment
- Ensuring daily transactional activity is conducted within established service level agreements
- Communication and partnership with other stakeholders to drive improved service and controls
- Participation & leadership in the global team to drive consistencies and extend best practices across the GFS organization in Record to Report
- Participation & leadership on project teams including but not limited to acquisitions and integrations, to ensure practices and policies are followed
- Consistent communication of metrics to interested stakeholders
- Control oriented: ensures SOX controls, finance policies, documented procedures are enforced in the process. Understands regulatory and policy compliance is a top priority and works closely with business partners to explain importance of compliance.
- Systems and data analysis: understanding relationships between interconnected enterprise systems.
- Communication\Partnership: Establishes strong working relationship with peers and stakeholders to address cross-functional process and influence changes outside of the team. Can communicate concisely and clearly both orally and in written form.
- Results focused: Drives open issues to closure. Provides regular status updates to stakeholders.
- Strong people & project management skills: Accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals for self and team. Measure performance against goals. Evaluates results and holds self and others accountable.
- Customer orientation: Incorporates the customer impact in all activities with the goal of improving customer experience during service
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university with a major in accounting or finance
- 7-9 years of experience in accounting or finance
- Experience in support of audit requirements, SAP technical expertise and advanced Excel skills preferred
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.