Hands on managerial approach providing direction, and guidance to other electrical engineers. Providing leadership by example. Accountable for the design, schedule, release, and performance of all electrical new releases; manage electrical field/manufacturing issues with occasional travel to field/mfg-sites for on-site support. Key Responsibilities
- Manages an engineering group with specific responsibility for lab and office safety, staffing, technical mentoring as required within the engineering group, staff professional and personal development and sustaining managers/supervisors and/or technical leaders for key areas of responsibility and budget development adherence. Technically lead engineering projects/programs.
- Guides programs for the research and development of new technologies, as appropriate, and ensures that newly created processes, designs, and/or methodologies are incorporated into products/services, and/or disseminated to other areas, as needed
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding extremely complex electrical issues to address customers High Value Problems (HVP) for a range of products
- Ensure customer satisfaction via on time delivery of product releases and prompt resolution of critical extremely complex issues
- Ensure the integration of engineering resources with cross-functional teams to meet product goals for the division
- Provides management with updates pertaining to progress in specific programs and initiatives, and assures that information required in other functional areas is disseminated appropriately
- Define, develop and sustain product strategy and roadmap, and business processes
- Assures that product alpha/beta/gamma exit requirements are adequate to meeting engineering objectives of the product
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the business results of a team or area by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans
- Guided by business unit, department or sub-functional business plans
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications:
Hands on multi-tasking managerial approach in providing other electrical engineers direction, guidance, and leadership by example. Accountable for the design, schedule, release, and performance of all electrical new releases; as well as managing electrical field/manufacturing issues with occasional travel to field/mfg sites for on-site support. Primarily should have in depth working experience and knowledge of Ethercat control design such that be able to independently design, program, test and release ethercat controls with Master/Multiple-slaves including Motion servo drives, Valves, Press/Flow Gages, MFC, RF Gen/Match, Heaters, etc.; with designed in converters for devices that are non-ethercat.
In order to manage other electrical engineers should have sufficient understanding of:
1. Understanding of CGA, VME control system and Seriplex Networks.
2. Understanding and ability to Manage AC Power Distribution with 110V/120V, 208V/220V, and 440V/480V loads meeting SEMI-S2 standards.
3. Should be familiar with UL and SEMI-S2 requirements for Semi/Display equipment to work with third parties to get designs SEMI-S2 certified.
4. In depth work design experience (Min. 10 years) capability of Semiconductor/Display Equipment controls and interlock schemes including for Gas Panels, Pressure/Flow, Valves, Motion, RF Gen/Match, Heaters, etc. Capability to use diagnostic test equipment including Data Loggers, Oscilloscope, Network Analyzers, etc.
5. Work experience (Min 10 years) of PCB assy design, including schematic generation using P-CAD or OrCAD, component selection, layout, and BOM structuring, etc.
6. Work experience (Min 10 years) of Cable assy design, including CAD drawing generation, wire and component selection and structuring.
7. Work experience (Min 10 years) to generate System Interconnects, System Schematics, System cable/wire Routing, BOM, and ECN.
8. Work experience (Min 10 years) to release specifications of control/power electrical assemblies; and working with Suppliers to deliver cost-effective solutions on schedule.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.