Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple sites or related teams. Develops business unit, department or sub-function plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and segment/functional objectives. Key Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
- Performs analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order and build to forecast plans. Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop best cost strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, and material control.
- Establishes and manages production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules. Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, and inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company's business growth and sourcing requirements. Identify, develop, and manage effective relationship with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets. Establish, implement, and manage system to evaluate, monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, machining, and assembly operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Represents materials organization on corporate materials task force teams. Manages department budget, associated costs and resources. Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions. Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Selects, evaluates and manages employees to ensure the efficient operations of the function.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the business results of a team or area by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans Guided by business unit, department or sub-functional business plan
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.