Applied Materials CTO is hiring a Systems Engineer for a hands-on assignment to lead the design, integration, and testing of a next generation opto-mechanical system, working with mechanical and laser/optics engineers on integration, evaluation and optimization of the tool. The incumbent in this position will translate market and system-level requirements into subsystem specifications and design criteria; develop performance requirements specification, interpret sub-system integration models; evaluate results; provide physical explanations, and; recommend possible solutions or design changes/directions to meet product performance requirements. Key Qualifications/Requirements
- Guide the technical development of complex systems from inception to completion.
- The candidate will have 5 years expertise in systems design and integration ideally in developing high productivity systems/equipment.
- 2 years in experience in development of test stands as required for sub-system, installation, testing and characterization.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience in testing and developing and control requirements for industrial equipment.
- Participate in team brain-storms and new technology development. Develop new simulation tools/capabilities as needed.
- Familiar with SOA instrumentation and control schemes. The candidate will be expected to evaluate and make decisions on testing and evaluation strategies for system performance.
- Propose and evaluate design concepts for feasibility, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
- Collaborate with optical, mechanical, and electrical engineers to provide a system-level view of subsystem interactions, to define and ensure clean interfaces, and to ensure design goals are met.
- Collaborate with process engineers to guide development toward process-friendly technical solutions.
- Collaborate with software engineers to guide design of software features and the user interface to optimize the user experience.
- Identify and resolve technical risks and design weaknesses during the design phase.
- Use experimentation, data analysis and modeling to address technical risks.
- Plan and execute bench and system tests to verify functionality and validate conformance to requirements.
- Propose test methodologies and analyze test data to evaluate performance, troubleshoot issues, and solve problems as part of development and in support of existing products.
- Generate summary reports and presentations, and participate and present material in design reviews.
- Influence the next generation product designs by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems.
- Provide have cross functional and multi-layered technical expertise to drive next generation equipment design initiative.
- Generate intellectual property.
- Experience with control schemes, sub-system performance spec development, error budget allocation and system interface development and integration are required. Solid experience data analysis and interpretation is required.
- Desired Traits:
- Broad technical knowledge, system-level thinking, excellent problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity i.e. through critical thinking, detailed analysis and a commitment to integrity.
- Understanding of how to perform in a high paced, high functioning team environment and ability to work on multiple problems and/or projects in parallel.
- Demonstrated adaptability, comfort with change and uncertainty.
- Strong analysis and communication skills.
- Experience and familiarity with relevant international standards (Safety, Electromagnetics etc.) is desired.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.