Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple sites or related teams. Develops business unit, department or sub-function plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and segment/functional objectives. Key Responsibilities
- Manage engineers in utilizing techniques to characterize hardware, define methods and new technologies and apply them to characterize hardware, and/or perform hardware characterization on extremely complex systems for entire range of products for division
- Interact with key customers to resolve extremely complex process engineering issues to address customers High Value Problems (HVP) for an entire range of products for the division
- Ensures effective product/technology demonstrations
- Manages experimental tests, evaluates results and escalates critical technology issues to management
- Determines product process specifications and equipment strengths, weakness and area of developmental opportunity
- Leads collaboration efforts with executive managers and junior managers to ensure strategic execution
- Leads market share improvement efforts
- This technical staff position leads and/or develops and executes exceptionally complex technology and engineering projects and leads research and development of new technologies as appropriate. Works on critical complex issues that impact longer term product development and business success measured by one or more of the following: incremental revenue growth, market share increases, key customer penetrations, time to market improvement and commercial value of the work.
- Within safety guidelines design, perform, collect data, analyze and compile reports on unusually complex engineering experiments and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Develop innovative solutions as part of proven track record of significant technology contributions. Recognized internally (across Business Units) as one of the limited number of technical experts in their field of expertise
- Conceive and implement new technology, normally named as primary inventor on numerous critical patents and recognized through awards and/or published papers within the last five years.
- Leads and collaborates to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts. Guides less experienced engineers in utilizing techniques to define methods and new technologies and apply them on unusually complex systems. Involved in judging the approach and verifying the validity of technical strategies.
- Leads and collaborates to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts. Guides less experienced engineers in utilizing techniques to define methods and new technologies and apply them on unusually complex systems. .
- In most cases, this is an Individual Contributor role. May manage a small group of engineers and/or post doctoral researchers(no more than 8 maximum) who assist in performing research or experimentation.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- MTS Mgrs must manage less than 8 employees
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the business results of a team or area by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans
- Guided by business unit, department or sub-functional business plans
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.