The Plating, Packaging, and Cleans (PPC) Service Business Unit (SBU) is seeking an ambitious candidate that possesses strong technical knowledge (preferably PPC semiconductor equipment in the areas of hardware design, process engineering and optimization, customer fab operations) as well as business acumen. This person will lead a team chartered to work closely with PPC product engineering, marketing, and field service operations to ensure PPC products have the documentation, spare part sourcing strategies, and maintenance capabilities required to be successful at customer sites. They will engage in early phases of the new product design cycle to ensure after-sale support planning is included from initial concept through final product release. They will also lead coordination between the Applied Global Services (AGS) and PPC Business Unit field support teams to implement Customer Engineer (CE) training and certification programs, drive performance improvements on PPC systems installed at customer sites worldwide, and quickly resolve customer issues at the lowest level. The candidate should have a passion for technical program management and possess strong communication skills; this is a strategic role and will suit someone who can drive growth in partnership with a cross-functional team.
Qualifications: Background & Education
- Represent AGS in PPC's new product design process. Ensure design for serviceability, design for optimal maintenance cost, and design for protection of intellectual property is included in all phases of BU product design and material sourcing.
- Coordinate with business unit to generate initial CoO models with particular focus on quantification and optimization of Preventative Maintenance / Corrective Maintenance (PM/CM) labor and material costs.
- Coordinate programs to optimize supply chain activities, to include repair, cleaning, and kit management options for CM/PM parts.
- Coordinate AGS program to reduce install and warranty support costs for PPC products.
- Coordinate development and validation of product support documentation.
- Lead SBU programs to maintain and grow market share for spare parts consumables.
- Ensure Applied's field service team is prepared to support new PPC products by coordinating training plans and course content with functional owners.
- Serve as AGS focal for coordination of AGS/PPC cross cut business objectives.
- Support field service escalation process with PPC BU process support engineers (PSE), total product support (TPS) engineers, and global product support (GPS) engineers.
- Maintain and own service knowledge including CE certification through the full product life cycle -- new product introduction (NPI) to end of product support.
- Monitor, trend, and drive improvements in customer installed base key productivity indicators (KPIs) to include tool uptime performance and best known method (BKM) tracking
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA, Master's, PhD and/or Focus on Chemistry, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Sciences preferred)
- 5 Years of relevant experience
- Experience with PPC tools, processes, and consumables
- Experience in relevant technical roles (Product / Process Development, Field Support, Engineering) strongly preferred
- Additional experience in business development or product management preferred but not required
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.