Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple sites or related teams. Develops business unit, department or sub-function plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and segment/functional objectives. Key Responsibilities
- Manages an engineering group with specific responsibility for lab and office safety, staffing, technical mentoring as required within the engineering group, staff professional and personal development and sustaining managers/supervisors and/or technical leaders for key areas of responsibility and budget development adherence. Technically lead engineering projects/programs.
- Guides programs for the research and development of new technologies, as appropriate, and ensures that newly created processes, designs, and/or methodologies are incorporated into products/services, and/or disseminated to other areas, as needed
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding extremely complex electrical issues to address customers High Value Problems (HVP) for a range of products
- Ensure customer satisfaction via on time delivery of product releases and prompt resolution of critical extremely complex issues
- Ensure the integration of engineering resources with cross-functional teams to meet product goals for the division
- Provides management with updates pertaining to progress in specific programs and initiatives, and assures that information required in other functional areas is disseminated appropriately
- Define, develop and sustain product strategy and roadmap, and business processes
- Assures that product alpha/beta/gamma exit requirements are adequate to meeting engineering objectives of the product
- This technical staff position leads and/or develops and executes exceptionally complex technology and engineering projects and leads research and development of new technologies as appropriate. Works on critical complex issues that impact longer term product development and business success measured by one or more of the following: incremental revenue growth, market share increases, key customer penetrations, time to market improvement and commercial value of the work.
- Within safety guidelines design, perform, collect data, analyze and compile reports on unusually complex engineering experiments and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Develop innovative solutions as part of proven track record of significant technology contributions. Recognized internally (across Business Units) as one of the limited number of technical experts in their field of expertise
- Conceive and implement new technology, normally named as primary inventor on numerous critical patents and recognized through awards and/or published papers within the last five years.
- Leads and collaborates to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts. Guides less experienced engineers in utilizing techniques to define methods and new technologies and apply them on unusually complex systems. Involved in judging the approach and verifying the validity of technical strategies.
- Leads and collaborates to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts. Guides less experienced engineers in utilizing techniques to define methods and new technologies and apply them on unusually complex systems. .
- In most cases, this is an Individual Contributor role. May manage a small group of engineers and/or post doctoral researchers(no more than 8 maximum) who assist in performing research or experimentation.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- MTS Mgrs must manage less than 8 employees
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the business results of a team or area by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans
- Guided by business unit, department or sub-functional business plans
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.