Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple sites or related teams. Develops business unit, department or sub-function plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and segment/functional objectives.Key Responsibilities
- Manages people managers and professional staff (on B job bands) that identifies gaps to plans across the field, drives field/technical and customer engagement from a BU perspective and conducts calls with field Technical Directors. Develops and articulates strategies and corrective actions to meet business objectives for business unit, department or sub-function unit.
- Has intrinsic broad and comprehensive product knowledge of technical trends to articulate technical differentiators for department or sub-function unit. Converts technical trends into useful information for (TRM) Technical Review workshops and product positioning/ inflections mapping
- Develops alignment plans and tracks business focus on TAM, share, margin between BU and Field
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of global, technical and market trends and executes a systematic process for capturing competitive intelligence
- Applies broad and comprehensive understanding of the industry to drive penetration / adoption of diverse and complex product strategies with BU, RPM and Field. Identifies customer adoption barriers and drives a plan to overcome [e.g. customer, product, BU]
- Develops the mapping trends, opportunities and threats to roadmap and strategies.
- Extensive contact with the field is required. Requires 40-50% travel
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the business results of a team or area by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans
- Guided by business unit, department or sub-functional business plans
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.