Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple sites or related teams. Develops business unit, department or sub-function plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and segment/functional objectives. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing completion of technical support assignments, projects and programs arising from customer issues with Applied products. Ensures correct assignment of engineers to customer and product. Reviews and monitors action plans to close issues to ensure customer satisfaction. For all products globally for a small division, or for in one region for large division.
- Generates multiple-product, region-wide or global report to highlight customer top issues and action plans to close. Influences Engineering to properly prioritize and close customer related design issues and reduce Installation & Warranty costs.
- Drives multi-function taskforce to address device, performance or yield related issues. This work includes both process, hardware and software redesign efforts. Program manages all aspects from concept through customer acceptance and formal release.
- Assists Sales & Marketing in responding to Customer specials, RFQs and technical presentations as needed. Ensures that customers are appraised of technical improvements available for the installed base
- Participates in definition of objectives for assigned area; manages program definition, strategies for completion, acquisition of resources and project implantation. Conducts strategic planning for alpha and beta site systems.
- Manages team of employees. May manage managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for ensuring all team members are up to date with required training including safety training, and Technical Development of engineers, supervisors and managers. This will include all performance related activities to facilitate appropriate career growth
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own job family and knowledge of other related job families
- Applies in-depth understanding of how own discipline integrates within the segment/function
- Manages multiple related teams, sets organizational priorities and allocates resources
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the business results of a team or area by supporting and funding of projects, products, services and/or technologies and developing policies and plans
- Guided by business unit, department or sub-functional business plans
- Influences others internally and externally, including senior management
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.