The Manager of Variable Annuities New Product Development role will report to the Director, Variable Annuity Product Development leading the development of VA solutions that are new to Prudential, with particular focus on solutions that are new to the industry. These solutions may require new capabilities across several functions (actuarial, technology, service, sales, etc.) and this individual will support the identification of these areas and development of a go to market plan which incorporates these elements and the path to a minimally viable offering and its future iterations.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Effectively collaborate in a matrix environment both within the Product Management team and beyond to execute product enhancement initiatives
- Lead large and strategically significant cross functional projects ensuring alignment with the vision and objectives for the solution
- Partner with both Inforce and Existing Product leads to develop business cases, specifications, tests and customer experience for new initiatives
- Provide subject matter expertise on VA products and influence direction based upon insights from competitive intelligence, secondary research, as well as news and other proactive market analysis
- Assist in the definition of short and long-term strategy and deliverables for new products as well as the in-force block of business that is created as a result of these products
- Monitor regulatory changes and updates and quickly identify business impacts and action plans
- Develop and support implementation of go to market plans and strategy for new initiatives
- D evelop and maintain effective communication skills including executive presence, and delivering complex materials to various levels within the organization
- Assess processes and fact patterns to arrive at refreshed business views and updated methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years of experience in financial services, annuities experience strongly preferred
- 3 years of experience in product development or product management
- Success in developing and implementing strategic business cases and driving consensus
- C ontinuous Improvement or process optimization experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Approach work with intellectual curiosity and transparency with an openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Self-motivated, proactive and visionary leadership, thinking beyond functional responsibilities to broader business strategy
- Highly organized, collaborative, and adept at handling multiple, changing priorities
- Skilled at resolving conflict and negotiating effectively and tactfully
- Proven strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Series 6 license a plus but not required; licensing may be required at some point after employment.
- Travel between the CT offices will be required as needed.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.