Job Location: United States : Delaware : Wilmington
Global Employee Benefits (GEB) is a cornerstone of MetLife’s enterprise strategy and accounts; through our regional colleagues, we do business in over 40 countries outside the U.S. Our business centers around three product lines: Group Life & Health; Credit Life; and Pensions.
Manage a team of associates responsible for overseeing the Regional Service Centers that perform customer service and claims processing, as well as other vendors that support our business.
- Reporting to a Director, oversees a team responsible for managing relationships with external vendors.
- Translates senior management vision and develops unit vision, strategy, service levels, and business objectives. Communicates vision and strategy to staff.
- Implements consistent vendor management practices across the Regional Service Centers and other vendors. This includes the 7 regional service centers that support the expat business around the globe and the MetLife Global Operations Support Center.
- Identifies training needs of end users and staff and develops and provides the necessary training to meet those needs.
- Partners with other operational areas to build strong working relations and improve workflow and organizational issues.
- Manages critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership. Delivers constructive feedback while maintaining effective relationships.
- Develops and negotiates very complex domestic and overseas vendor contracts, contract standards, and service level agreements that meet business needs.
- Oversees the work of vendors across a segment of a business organization.
- Performs vendor analysis and recommends vendor option selection to business management.
- Uses analytical tools and methodologies to analyze data and identify process improvement opportunities related to vendor processes. Develops process improvement solutions by weighing costs, benefits, and risks, recommends course of action, and works with operating areas to implement.
- Directly manages the relationship with a Regional Service Center, responsible for monitoring performance, and identifying and resolving critical issues.
- Ensures vendor service level agreements are being met and that vendor performance aligns with strategic goals and priorities.
- Assesses outsourcing and offshoring opportunities and assists in the creation of the strategy and execution of outsourced/offshored work.
- Forecasts and monitors the budget for assigned vendors and for areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Full people management responsibility, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, & training & development.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of related Vendor Management work experience.
- Prior managerial experience.
- Excellent skills in the following areas: Analytical Thinking, Relationship Management, Negotiation, Effective Communications, Process Management, Cultural Awareness.
- Broad knowledge of supported business functions, processes, systems, and transactions is preferred.
Global Employee Benefits
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 37162