Summerville Medical Center is a 94-bed, acute-care hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services , pediatrics and women's services , including "home-like" birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic , reflux , robotic and weight loss surgeries .
We are looking for a new Nurse Manager of Women's Health Services who will have the direct-line responsibility for day-to-day operations and overall responsibility of the Mother Baby and Level II Nursery Departments, to include a total of 20 FTE's. The facility has a Nursery expansion plan in place with plans to grow from 4 to 10 beds by 2018. The Nurse Manager insures that the charge nurses fulfill their responsibilities as front-line supervisors and is responsible on a 24-hour basis for the coordination of patient care, administrative, and nursing activities and for the quality of nursing care provided to patient. The Nurse Manager is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of all nursing care and related activities.
Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor requiring that the Nurse Manager must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
#LI-SADQualifications: A. Licensure/Certification/Registration:
• Current license as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of South Carolina
• BLS-Healthcare Provider on hire (American Heart Association)
• NRP-Neonatal Resuscitation Provider-required on hire
• STABLE-required within 90 Days of employment
• Specialty Certification highly preferred within 3 years of hire.
Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Experience in Mother Baby areas preferred and highly desirable candidates with one year of related specialty Level II, Mother/Baby, L/D, and Peds will be considered. Must have demonstrated skills and ability to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs. Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- If hired in area with a substantially different clinical knowledge set, the candidate will be expected to demonstrate clinical expertise in the practice area within 6 months to a 1-year time frame.
D. Special qualifications
: Effective communication skills; both orally and written, with flexible interpersonal skills to facilitate the exchange of information within all levels of the organization. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills. Creative and innovative skills in personnel management and ability to facilitate growth and development of department and staff.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom