Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This role will serve as the Risk and Compliance primary point of contact supporting the Xoom Product, PayPal's foreign remittance service provider and will be responsible for:
- Providing guidance to business partners relating to the development of controls for critical business processes to mitigate compliance/operational risk.
- Manage regulatory and compliance matters related to state money transmitter license requirements
- Manage federal regulatory and compliance matters, including those relating to Suspicious Activity Reports, FinCEN, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and the Bank Secrecy Act
- Assisting in execution of compliance risk assessments.
- Supporting ongoing and targeted compliance monitoring and/or testing.
- Providing ongoing support of business unit's issue management and remediation efforts
- Assisting with the development of SOPs and applicable policies
- Providing business with guidance and oversight related to new product development initiatives
- Preparing periodic reports summarizing the business units' risk and control environment
- Engaging key Risk and Compliance program stakeholders to help support business unit initiatives
- 5-7 years of Audit, Compliance, AML, Regulatory, MSB, banking or similar experience
- Prior MSB, foreign remittance and state money transmitter regulatory experience
- Demonstrates strong and effective leadership skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment.
- Experience in managing compliance programs for foreign exchange services and products
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.