Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
This position leads the Derivatives Accounting Controls’ team, which is responsible for validations and research in Murex (Derivatives accounting and inventory system) and some accounting and reporting for MetLife’s derivatives.
- Review and ensure the accuracy and timely reporting of derivatives, which includes multiple processes and reports such Systems Reconciliation, BO validations, Trade Corrections, Monthly Journal Entries and Reconciliation, GAAP and STAT reporting.
- Maintain a sound internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) surrounding derivatives transaction processing to ensure accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting.
- Participate in the effort to set department objectives that align with the needs of key customers (e.g., Chief Accounting Officer, Head of Derivatives Trading, CFO of Investments), monitor progress against those objectives and manage priorities in response to emerging and competing initiatives
- Manage performance, hiring and termination processes and succession planning for the team
- Master’s degree in Accounting with CPA is highly desired; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Responsible for reviewing both GAAP and Statutory accounting for multiple derivative instruments types ensuring that accounting for derivatives is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for the review of quarterly and annual GAAP and Statutory reporting
- Complete audit requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Set team objectives that align with the needs of key customers
- The derivatives program is the primary tool for managing MetLife Inc.’s exposures to changes in interest rates, foreign currency exchange rates, equity markets and credit risk across its multi-billion fixed income portfolio, multi-billion mortgage loan portfolios, various insurance liabilities such as GMXB products and its Global GIC program as well as its equity position in International Subsidiaries.
- MetLife Inc.’s use of derivatives is very diverse and sophisticated and includes the following instruments: interest rate swaps, interest rate caps, interest rate floors, foreign currency swaps, foreign currency forwards, financial forwards, financial futures, equity options and credit default swaps.
Derivative Accounting & Reporting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.