Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
This position leads the Derivatives GAAP Accounting and Financial Reporting Unit, which is responsible for the GAAP accounting and financial reporting related to MetLife Inc.’s investments in derivatives and other complex financial instruments. On a monthly basis, the position is responsible for managing the monthly close process.
- Review the preparation of Derivatives financial results for the Company’s GAAP Filings, which includes notes to the quarterly/annual statement and GAAP stand-alone audited financial statements.
- Management of the monthly and quarterly accounting close process, which includes accounting entries and account reconciliations for derivative trade types.
- Understand the specialized authoritative accounting literature governing hedge accounting for derivatives (FAS 133) and help ensure proper application to derivative transactions and hedging strategies.
- Ensure appropriate hedge documentation complies with authoritative accounting literature.
- Manage the effort to set team objectives that align with the needs of key customers (e.g., Derivatives Middle Office, Derivatives Front Office, Statutory Financial Reporting, GAAP Reporting, and IT), monitor progress against those objectives, and manage priorities in response to emerging and competing initiatives.
Masters in Accounting or Finance highly desired, Baccalaureate in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- CPA or equivalent is preferred.
- 4-6 years of accounting experience in public accounting or 7-10 years in private accounting is preferred
- Previous Management experience is required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in GAAP or Statutory accounting and reporting is preferred
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Experience with Derivative financial instruments is preferred.
- Experience with accounting systems or software is preferred
Depravities Accounting and Reporting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.