Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Position Description
The Managing Director of Infrastructure / Real Assets will work within Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) at State Street and will report to Global Head of Product Management for Private Equity and Real Estate Fund Services. The Managing Director will be responsible for growing and improving AIS' service offering to Infrastructure funds and asset managers/ investors globally, and working with colleagues across the firm to deliver a broad-based Infrastructure solution to our clients. The position has the flexibility to be located in any of our offices globally. Responsibilities:
The Managing Director of Infrastructure / Real Assets role will develop, manage and provide thought and managerial leadership to Private Equity, Real Estate and Infrastructure business unit related specifically to the Infrastructure product offering. The role will be a key contributor to the evolution, and commercialization of the global Infrastructure operating platform. Key areas of responsibility will include but are not limited to:
- Be the executive with responsibility and accountability for Infrastructure business unit within AIS
- Lead the development and execution of the AIS' long-term strategy across the Infrastructure market with a view to achieving targeted financial objectives
- Responsible for global client segmentation, client needs analysis, market size, competitive analysis and product enhancement, including but not limited to writing global business plans in conjunction with business leads and functional partners
- Develop the existing pricing models to ensure that products are competitively priced; revenue margins are appropriate and expense is well understood and controlled
- Support the Sector Solutions and Relationship Management teams in the identification, deal closing and on-boarding of new clients and expanding existing client relationships
- Undertake a practical, pragmatic, hands on approach to growing the AIS Infrastructure business, with strong focus on delivery and outcomes
- Build out a comprehensive Infrastructure platform with diverse asset types and their data requirements
- Bring a global perspective to AIS' Infrastructure business, with a broad based knowledge of client needs and wants regarding fund accounting, fund administration, middle office, transfer agency and risk services
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of data in support of the overall global infrastructure business strategy
- Leverage Infrastructure industry contacts to dramatically improve AIS' service offering
- Assume all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the AIS' short, medium and long-term plans for the Infrastructure market
- Continually educate the AIS division of asset management terminology and familiarity with investment instruments specific to the Infrastructure industry
- Work in different time zones to support clients and internal teams to drive growth across the Infrastructure business
- Serve as the STT's liaison with the infrastructure industry and the investor community
- The candidate must have a college degree (business, mathematics, finance or economics preferred, accounting concentration a plus)
- 8+ years of direct experience in the global Infrastructure investments market, specifically at a large asset / investment manager.
- Ideal candidate will have been employed as a Fund CFO or Senior Controller for 3+ years.
- Exposure to financial accounting and reporting in the Infrastructure industry and thorough knowledge of accounting standards (including IFRS) are also required.
- Candidate must have prior experience leading staff and building teams.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.