Provides leadership and direction through senior managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit. Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives. Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas.Key Responsibilities
- Directs a senior engineering group comprising subordinate directors or senior managers, director / sr director level engineers responsible for all division engineering issues, including the concept, architecture, design, development and implementation of extremely complex engineering programs in accordance with customer, market, business requirements, project budgets and release schedules.
- Proactively anticipates future needs and initiates the development and implementation of new approaches to engineering design and development at the division/segment level with exceptional scope and significant customer impact.
- Conceives/Creates vision and develops strategic long-range plans and creates general engineering or product specific strategies to reach goals. Reviews engineering specifications against requirements, reviews product/system architecture and designs, reviews program progress against timeline, reviews budget, reviews cost, provides leadership and course correction
- Leads/Interfaces with executive level internal and external customers and suppliers on highly complex engineering issues involving the division's products, product improvements, new and future products. As part of senior business group leadership team, ensures that such programs, strategies, and processes address high value problems (HVP) for the division and across segment and is aligned with the organization's direction.
- Leads/Interfaces with executive level internal and external customers and suppliers on highly complex engineering issues involving the division's products, product improvements, new and future products.
- Provides approval guidelines and leadership to reporting engineering managers in the area of long-term program, strategy, and process design.
- Defines performance metrics and reports on the engineering functions' progress against division specific, complex goals.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.