Provides leadership and direction through senior managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit. Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives. Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas.Key Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and direction to ensure that overall Product Line Management Function is effectively meeting the organization's strategic goals for more than one broad functional area. This includes :
- Unreleased product approval and control
- ECO (Engineering Change Order) approval
- Implementation of PCN (Part Change Notification), with Global Product Support
- Field service related activities, reviews approves and filters all system feedback activities that will have customer impact
- Provides single point of information for Product options
- Manages product portfolio by participating in CES (Customer Engineering Special), NSR (Non Standard Request) reviews. Facilitates CIP (Continuous Improvement Program) activities based on competitive landscape, technical requirement and ROI (Return on Investment) analysis.
- Initiate and drive CIPs (Continuous Improvement Programs) for the product where appropriate
Technical improvement, reliability, commonality, NSR (Non Standard Request) reduction, option reduction etc.
Release Hardware CIP (Continuous Improvement Program) and options to structure tree
- Directs and controls the activities of common modules roadmap and implementation post Phase 5 of ePLC.
- Directs the development of business plans, assesses market penetration and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share
- Recommends to GM how to most effectively deploy resources to achieve business goals for more than one broad functional area
- Support or Lead as necessary effort and coordination between various intercompany groups (such as operations, Engineering and GPM) to achieve divisional cost targets and improve operational metrics for reduction in Build cycle time, Period, Burden and Variance
- Relook at our Product Structure and Mfg. strategy
- Division support for product prioritization and resource allocation (Quarterly budgets, Finance and CTO office Portfolio Management)
- Manage strategic vendor issues
- Drives effective interface with engineering, manufacturing and sales to develop new products and enhance existing products as well as communicate critical market needs and time requirements
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.