Provides leadership and direction through senior managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit. Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives. Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas.Key Responsibilities
- The expectation for this level is to provide program leadership for multiple projects. At this level, the responsibility includes influencing and steering the direction of the program to achieve corporate goals. Hence, a managing director is expected to influence decisions as they perform the below listed duties for multiple projects.
- Provides strategic leadership to multifunctional design / technology teams comprised of internal, external and/or matrixed headcount to complete highly complex projects/programs. Provides technical leadership to team members to achieve goals.
- Anticipates future needs and initiates the development and implementation of new approaches to engineering design and development at the division/segment level with exceptional scope and significant customer impact.
- Develops and implements long-range plans and creates engineering or product specific strategies to reach goals and reviews engineering specifications.
- As part of senior business group leadership team, ensures that such programs, strategies, and processes address high value problems (HVP) for the division and across segment and is aligned with the organization's direction.
- Leads interface with internal and external customers on engineering issues involving the divisions products.
- Provides approval guidelines and leadership to reporting engineering managers in the area of long-term program, strategy, and process design.
- Defines performance metrics and reports on the engineering functions' progress against division specific goals.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.