IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.The GBS Financial Services is seeking a (Senior) Managing Consultant to help drive strategy and change with our clients by addressing their business problems by leveraging the full strengths of the IBM portfolio including cutting edge cognitive solutions. You will be responsible for executing financial service strategy, technology and support services engagements with leading financial industry firms across the marketplace. Partnering with senior client managers and IBM leadership you must demonstrate organizational management, leadership and innovative thinking to drive business transformation, advance corporate objectives, and achieve consensus with key stakeholders across organizations.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients and will be required to travel up to 75%. Candidates residing in New York City, Boston, Charlotte or Chicago or within a 50 mile radius of an international airport on the East coast are preferred, but all locations will be considered.
- Navigate the complex environment of working within the largest financial services institutions in the world
- Deliver subject matter expertise in capital markets and asset management across all asset classes, trade life-cycle, and regulatory requirements (E.g. Dodd-Frank, EMIR, Basel III)
- Design, develop, and deliver either front/middle or back end office support.
- Conceptualize and develop relevant use cases, proof-of-concepts (POC), and proof-of-value (POV)
- Manage client relationships
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.