Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Asian Foods
Location: US-MN-St. Paul
Zip Code: 55117-3995
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Bilingual in Mandarin required.
Hours/schedule: Training Period- Monday-Friday (9-6) After training (Sunday (11-6) to Thursday 9-6)
This is a Sales and Marketing position responsible for focusing on account penetration opportunity sales from a local OpCo facility (with minimal travel), performing sales activities for the purpose of achieving sales and profit objectives assigned, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction through customer service activities, and overseeing collection activities.
- Perform sales activities for assigned customer base and provide customer support from local OpCo facility.
- Conduct outbound calls to external customer base.
- Responsible for penetrating and growing market share of assigned accounts.
- Responsible for increasing customer retention.
- Sell, via the phone and other media, all major product categories through the presentation of new products, services, ideas, uses and applications in an effort to meet all established sales and profit objectives.
- When necessary, perform merchandising research of product discounts, product services information, special offers and/or company promotions.
- Maintain product information and prices, merchandising materials, call lists and lead lists to enhance sales activities through planning activities based on accurate and precise information.
- Complete and up-date all applicable sales forms and call reports to ensure a complete and timely flow of sales information.
- When possible, sell excess and/or obsolete inventory items, as identified, through special customer contacts and sales techniques in an effort to reduce product waste and unsatisfactorily high inventory levels.
- Work with Sysco specialists, manufacturing representatives and brokers in supporting company promotions or obtaining information on products or services.
- Attend and participate in informational seminars, learning based meetings and other sessions in an effort to advance individual knowledge of sales techniques, product specifications and department functions.
- Attend all department sales meetings, as scheduled and participate in other activities as requested. Report on industry and market competition as requested and assist with reviewing inventory levels.
- Promote positive working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent; or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 -2 years’ experience in a customer service level position
- Ability to maintain or improve relationship between customer and Sysco
- Working knowledge of all product categories sold to drive penetration of existing accounts
- Strong telephone communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge of salesmanship techniques; marketing principles and product lines sold by Sysco; necessary inter-department communications related to certain sales, credit, and customer service activities; Sysco credit terms and general finance terminology/concepts; book-keeping activities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, managers and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more!
Sysco Asian Foods is a Tobacco free facility
Sysco Asian Foods is proud to be an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status/Familial Status/Genetic Data.
Employment Type: Full Time