Manufacturing & Controls Engineer II What you will do
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the continuous improvement of plant processes and equipment including design and PLC program changes, mechanical and electrical documentation, Six Sigma variation reduction, uptime improvements, and maintenance expense reduction. How you will do it
What we look for
- Efficiently uses problem solving techniques including Pareto analysis, cause and effect analysis, multi-variable analysis, FMEA's and DOE's to reach solutions.
- Initiates and leads plant teams in the development of process improvements.
- Provides technical support for plant operations including maintenance support, capital project implementation, and Six Sigma project rollout support.
- Acts as liaison between plant and Division Engineering personnel in communicating engineering needs process changes, project reporting, etc.
- Monitors process, including new equipment and tools, to ensure performance to specifications. Implements capital and non-capital projects.
- Works with plant quality control and manufacturing personnel to ensure process and equipment is capable of producing product that meets quality and engineering standards.
- Reviews new and modified specifications for proper content and schedules their introduction into the manufacturing system.
- Identifies causes and develops strategies for eliminating re-occurring downtime.
- Assists with assuring tools, equipment, and processes comply with OSHA and EPA standards
Who we are
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing preferred.)
- Minimum 3 years experience in an engineering role within a manufacturing environment. (Internship experience in Industry preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of PLC programming, troubleshooting, and ladder logic is required.
- Experience in Robotics programming, troubleshooting, and diagnostics preferred. (Fanuc / Denso preferred)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Solidworks, Excel, Power-point, and other related programs.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.