Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
Within a designated market, which may cross divisions or areas, the Manufacturing and Environmental Services Executive is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling special waste, solid waste, and recycling waste services to large potential manufacturing customers. The Manufacturing and Environmental Services Executive is also responsible for building, maintaining and growing long-term relationships with existing clients. The Manufacturing and Environmental Services Executive meets regularly with prospective new clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follows up with key decision makers and sells all services, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem. • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner. • Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally. • Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas. • Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook. • Excellent written and verbal presentation skills. • Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate risks. • Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times. • Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior. • Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Identifies viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new, profitable manufacturing customers to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals in special waste, recycling and MSW.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to grow existing manufacturing accounts; follows up with key decision makers to assure contracts are renewed timely with cost efficient pricing.
• Develops and implements sales and marketing action plans, including key objectives, in support of the sales and overall special waste, recycling and solid waste goals of the local divisions
• Utilizes the Company’s Contact Relationship Management (“CRM”) tool on a daily basis, schedules and documents all activities, and develops robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate acquisition of new customers.
• Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manages customer base.
• Builds long-term relationships with contractors, prospective and existing clients in designated market.
• Conducts customer proactive retention calls.
• Proactively communicates with, or responds to, customers in conjunction with the Company’s pricing initiatives.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offers additional services to existing and potential commercial, industrial and recycling clients, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate, to grow targeted profitable revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Maintains current knowledge of all federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations regarding special waste disposal and landfills; participates in company-sponsored training courses, meetings and discussions regarding the classification and characterization of special waste
• Meets regularly with Director, Manufacturing and Environmental Services, as appropriate to review weekly sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
• Tracks all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
• Builds relationships and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attends trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Acts as a Company representative at community events, where required.
• Completes all required Customer Service Agreement (“CSA”), CRM entries, Prospect Management Tool and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Responsible for collection activities, as required.
• Respond to service cancellation calls; and ensure compliance with established escalation policy.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED. • Minimum of 4 years of prior sales experience. • Minimum of 1 year managing, selling to and retaining large, complex customer accounts. • Valid driver’s license.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.