Manufacturing Area Manager What you will do
Under management direction, is responsible for organization and implementation of plans, procedures and policies necessary to maximize utilization of resources in line with area and plant goals. Incorporate core values of safety, quality and employee relations. How you will do it
What we look for
- Supervises Manufacturing Supervisors with respect to production, distribution, volume, cost, quality and achievement of production plans.
- Assures, through Manufacturing Supervisors, good employee relations. May conduct employee meetings, approves requisitions, promotions, merit increases, transfers and discipline.
- Stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of both Manufacturing Supervisors and production employees. Assures efficient utilization of equipment and facilities.
- In conjunction with Manufacturing Supervisors, establishes goals and objectives for assigned departments for review by Plant Manager. Administers the goal setting/performance appraisal program for the area.
- Responsible for selection, hiring and development of Manufacturing Supervisors. Recommends merit increases, promotions and transfers.
- Coordinates activities within his area with those of other production areas, plant staff managers and division. In conjunction with Production Control may develop weekly schedules to meet customer requirements.
- Assures compliance with Company and Plant policies, health and safety standards, environmental regulations, hazardous waste, and good housekeeping practices.
- Participates in base plan presentation. Continuously reviews ongoing performance within area of responsibility and takes action to assure achievement of goals.
- Recommends improvements in equipment and processes. Coordinates, manages and evaluates the installation of new equipment or processes in area of responsibility.
- Assures proper maintenance of machines and equipment in area of responsibility. Coordinates longer term planning for major maintenance projects.
- Assures compliance with quality and process specifications.
- Maintains the security of products and assets in area of responsibility.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
Who we are
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in manufacturing environment.
- Previous Lead Acid battery experience is helpful but not required.
- Minimum 3+ year managing employees.
- Previous experience in a Union Environment preferred
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.