Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics. Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest. Description:
- Process understanding of primary work areas (e.g. Buffer preparation, fractionation, purification, fill, finish).
- Troubleshoot and identify atypical processing conditions and how to respond to them.
- Provide a moderate level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and assist with repair of critical equipment including but not limited to; Roller Thaw, Teardown Machine, Filter Presses, Centrifuges, Precipitate Vessels and CIP/COP systems. May also include simple preventive maintenance tasks.
- Train others and explain process to others.
- Work with other departments to ensure adherence to production schedule.
- Basic Knowledge of Delta V, PLC based process control systems. Human Machine Interface (HMI) configuration.
- Basic Knowledge of instrumentation and mechanical equipment such as controllers, indicators, control valves, PLC, analyzers, sensors, pumps etc.
- Experience in a regulated production
• AA or equivalent or
• High School diploma with 1+ years of
Scientific or technical degree preferred.
Must have working knowledge of scientific principles. Scientific or technical degree preferred.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.