Aviation Supply Chain
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Manufacturing Cell Specialist - 2nd & 3rd shift
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Manufacturing Cell Specialist - 2nd & 3rd shift will:
In addition you will:
* Complete manufacturing duties including tending and operating a variety of tools, such as: Lathes, Drill Presses, Milling Machines, Grinders, Gas torches, hot plates and irons, Hand gauges, Chemical cleaning equipment (coating, wearsleeves, etc.), Special-Purpose Machines (i.e., shot peen, seam welders, cut-off saws, wax injection, etc.)
* Lift work pieces manually or with hoist and positions and secures in fixture, or loads automatic feeding device
* Follow written instructions and photographs
* Verifies conformance of parts to specifications, using instruments, such as preset comparator, fixed gages, calipers, or micrometer
* Move controls to adjust machine/equipment
* Changes worn cutting tools, using wrenches.
* Be required to transfer from one type of machine/equipment to another as situation demands, as well as performing miscellaneous duties as directed by supervisory personnel
* May be required to have experience with particular size, type, or trade name of machine and be designated accordingly
* May be required to have own tools necessary to perform assigned duties
* High School Diploma / GED
* Minimum of 6 months' work experience and proven mechanical aptitude
* Willingness and ability to pass vision test, required
* Willingness and ability to exert 10 pounds of force frequently, as required
* Willingness and ability to occasionally exert 20 to 50 pounds of force (with assistance, if needed)
* Willingness and ability to 2nd & 3rd shift work scheduled hours, as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Able to work under general direction with minimal supervision
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints
* Education or experience in programming and/or operations of programmable controllers
* Ability to use standards shop measuring devices (calipers and micrometers)
* Excellent attendance and punctuality history
* Makes decisions based on experience and available data
* Produces error free products
* Accurately completes paperwork
* Strives to meet or exceed job requirements
* Accepts and gives constructive instructions
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.