Make the most of your energy with a career at Schneider Electric. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive, and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate individual to assume the role of Manufacturing Engineer in our Huntington, IN location. The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining optimal utilization of our production facilities, manufacturing processes, material handling processes equipment and systems. This role includes many of the traditional IE functions as in: time and motion studies, manufacturing work content analysis, line balancing, and true capacity analysis. Responsibilities:
· Implement Schneider Production Standards to establish, maintain, and enhance the quality assurance system with a focus on reducing non-conformities, manufacturing defect rate, continual improvement, and meeting on time delivery goals.
· Prepare Eight Disciplines Problem Solving (8D) reports for product failures and quality issues, and work with customer on continuous quality improvement plans.
· Manage issues and drive root cause analysis to reduce customer complaints, and product return rate by utilizing formal problem solving methodologies such as Fishbone diagrams, 5 Why's, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEAs), Pareto Charts, Six Sigma, etc. Drive quality improvements using solid engineering tools such as Statistical Process Control (SPC), Lean, Six Sigma, DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) problem solving.
· Identify and control manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, customer complaints) by identifying the primary root causes and implementing corrective and preventative actions.
· Lead manufacturing process improvement efforts by identifying methods to capture quality metric data and by performing appropriate analysis methods.
· Develop and implement quality procedures, quality plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, and continuous improvement initiatives.
· Apply statistical process control and gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (R & R) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
· Develop inspection plan and quality checklist to improve quality.
· Prepare periodic reports and other data for presentations to managers and/or plant personnel.
· Reduce shop floor injuries by introducing safer and ergonomically better conditions for the operators to work on their work stations.
· Provide support in maintaining ISO Certification. Lead Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma projects as well as plant initiatives. Qualifications: Requirements:
- This position requires a degree in industrial engineering, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or related field and 2-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, or related field.
- This position also requires experience with: quality and problem solving tools and techniques, including Eight Disciplines Problem Solving (8D), 5 Why, Fishbone, and DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC),and advanced MS Office Excel and Access knowledge
- atch manufacturing processes of electronic and mechanical assemblies and developing inspection plans
- Lean Six Sigma certifications and/or experience leading complex DMAIC projects.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.