Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the role of Manufacturing Engineer at our Seneca, SC plant.
The applicant will have the ability to use problem solving skills to find root cause solutions for process and product issues. A team-building assertive person with the desire to take projects to completion while developing associates within his or her team will fit best in this role.
1. Performs a variety of engineering work which may be related to process design/layout; mechanical; manufacturing; tooling, and safety.
2. Works on daily and long term problems/projects using manufacturing, quality, and Schneider Production System (SPS) tools to resolve issues. ie. PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D, SAP, work orders, layout, etc..
3. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
4. Supports new product development projects, determines cost estimates, design concepts and engineering criteria along with conceptual process layouts for given project.
5. Supports process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance along with development of Capital expenditure proposals.
6. Develops process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solutions.
7. Serves manufacturing operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement, and leading projects to completion.
Lead Assembly Lean Kaizen projects component storage and efficient delivery to assembly line.
Lead Lean Assembly Line Architecture development for assembly component replenishment and product shipment.
Lead workstation ergonomic analysis and improvement actions.
Lead data analysis using Microsoft Access and Visual Basic tools.
- Bachelor's degree in a field of Engineering, IE, ME
- Good communication skills
- Relevant experience preferred 1-2 years
- Some travel required (10%)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.