Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the role of Manufacturing Engineer at our Seneca, South Carolina plant. What do you get to do in this position?
The applicant will have the ability to use problem solving skills to find root cause solutions for process and product issues. A team-building assertive person with the desire to take projects to completion while developing associates within his or her team will fit best in this role.
- Performs a variety of engineering work which may be related to process design/layout; mechanical; manufacturing; tooling, and safety.
- Works on daily and long term problems/projects using manufacturing, quality, and Schneider Production System (SPS) tools to resolve issues. ie. PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D, SAP, work orders, layout, etc.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
- Supports new product development projects, determines cost estimates, design concepts and engineering criteria along with conceptual process layouts for given project.
- Supports process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance along with development of Capital expenditure proposals.
- Develops process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solutions.
- Serves manufacturing operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement, and leading projects to completion.
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Lead Assembly Lean Kaizen projects component storage and efficient delivery to assembly line.
- Lead Lean Assembly Line Architecture development for assembly component replenishment and product shipment.
- Lead workstation ergonomic analysis and improvement actions.
- Lead data analysis using Microsoft Access and Visual Basic tools.
- Bachelor's degree in a field of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Relevant experience preferred 1-2 years
- Good communication skills
- Some travel required (10%)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.