Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated recent graduate with a degree in engineering to be a Manufacturing Engineer in Columbia, Missouri.
This position will support assembly and fabrication processes and includes a wide variety of responsibility including excellent time management, prioritization and customer service / people skills.
Leadership BY DOING within a TEAM environment is ESSENTIAL.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Perform a variety of engineering work which may be related to process design/layout, mechanical, manufacturing, tooling, and safety.
- Work on daily and long term problems/projects using manufacturing, quality, and SPS tools to resolve issues (ie PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D, CAPEX, SAP, Work Orders, Layout, etc)
- Exercise judgement within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
- Work with other engineers, designers, maintenance, supervisors and hourly line associates to effectively solve issues, implement solutions, and support IDEA/Continuous/Safety improvement implementation ALL UNDER the Schneider Production System principles.
- Support launch projects, determine cost estimates, design concepts and engineering criteria along with conceptual process layouts for given project.
- Support process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance.
- Develop process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solutions.
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Serve manufacturing operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement, and leading projects to completion.
- Have great communication skills and the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work content.
- Have a Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering degree (required).
- Have experience (1-3 years) as a Manufacturing Engineer (desired but not required).
- Are capable of communicating well with all levels inside the company.
The ideal candidate must be able to work with others in a team environment, have a strong desire to grow their career and continuously learn and challenge themselves. BSME, BSIE or equivalent required. 1-3 years' experience in a manufacturing or product development environment desired. Experience with Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.