Eaton’s Vehicle group has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer located in Kearney, NE.
Under the general guidance of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and mentoring of the Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, identify areas of inefficiency (cost, productivity, quality, safety, environmental) within the manufacturing areas assigned and enact improvements.
Provide technical support for internal and external customers.
Supports cross-functional project teams and document resulting improvements.
Supports manufacturing by participating on teams (Flow Line Teams, Environmental Health and Safety, New Product Launch, and others) and assisting with corrective actions.
Tests process changes and collect data. Perform statistical analysis of data (MiniTab).
Support, lead, and implement improvements that result from project teams.
Utilizes change management to be sure facility systems are updated with all project improvement changes.
Support safety Initiatives to ensure corporate wide requirements are met.
Participate in Flow Line Team efforts to identify, quantify and lead cost savings effort
Manage project timelines for cost, quality, time, and resource scheduling and drive completion per schedule.
Become a subject matter expert for area of assignment.
Other duties as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution or will graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering by December 2017 required.
- Minimum of 1 internship or Co-op in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience with Minitab and AutoCAD modeling package
- Grinding experience and knowledge
- Automotive industry experience/working experience with OEMs
- Lean/Six Sigma experience or Green Belt certification
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations for manufacturing environments.
- Experience with automotive or high volume manufacturing.
- Hands on, approachable and team oriented
- Strong written and communication skills
- 6 months of an Engineering internship in a manufacturing environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.