Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Job Description The Manufacturing Engineer at AMI is someone that likes to get dirty, get stuff done and spend time on the floor! This position is definitely for the "hands-on" engineer.
- Reduces machine downtime, and maintains/develops effective standard work adhering to safe work environment.
- Supports the Value Stream by recommending and implementing methods for eliminating waste such as restructuring jobs, reorganizing work flow, reallocating tools/equipment.
- Leads efforts to reduce equipment down time by being the one that gets it done.
- Develops and recommends equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis and proposals for integrating machinery, equipment and tooling into the manufacturing process
- Monitor and evaluate production efficiency including but not limited to: scrap generation, identifying ways to reduce scrap and ensuring product quality standards.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and confirming fabrication, assembly and installation processes.
- Provide necessary support to maintain and utilize the maintenance software to better coordinate work orders, repair requests, parts inventory and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Managing, motivating subordinates to reach peak performance.
- Plant, Employee and Manufacturing Management
- Fabrication, Paint Line, Warehouse
- Plant Maintenance and Safety Leaders
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in equipment maintenance and process improvement
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office is important
- Excellent communication skills for this hands-on role
- Lean Manufacturing background
Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
Videos To Watch
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.