A Manufacturing Engineer job in Houston, Texas is available through Adecco Engineering and Technology. You will need a Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering field, with approximately two to five years of experience in manufacturing environment.You will be responsible for optimizing manufacturing methods and processes by validating process capabilities, establishing standards, and analyzing and revising processes to increase efficiency and plan for future requirements. This position manages these changes while ensuring that products and processes are safe, quality centric, cost effective, reliable, and efficient.
Manufacturing Engineer job responsibilities include:
• Evaluates manufacturing processes for opportunities to improve methodologies and efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layouts as well as researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment capabilities. Applies knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials. Coordinates with appropriate personnel to arrive at the best possible design for manufacturing, assembly, service, and maintenance to meet customer needs.
• Leads, coordinates, and facilitates process improvements for Operations. Improvements address any item outside of the product itself, and include safety, quality, and efficiency. Documents and reports results of improvement processes to management. Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production capacities, labor and material costs, and estimates future requirements per various business models.
• Assures product and process quality standards by designing testing methods to validate manufacturing processes. Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Conducts research by running queries, reviewing historical data, contacting suppliers, and communicating with appropriate departments. Maintains current process documentation, edits or creates new documentation as required, and communicates process changes to appropriate personnel.
• Ensures compliance to applicable codes and engineering practices as well as evaluates cost, maintenance, legal stipulations, environmental impact, quality, and general production impact. Maintains awareness and applies current and developing safety, health and environmental policies and procedures to all assignments and may instruct co-workers on appropriate safe practices.
• Serves as a technical resource to various departments as well as internally to department by assessing situations, problem solving, determining root cause, troubleshooting, training and guiding others in existing or new processes, and providing direction when needed. May provide support to establish budget or labor requirements for the manufacturing area or surrounding areas.
• Works with vendors and contractors to suggest equipment and tool purchases and coordinate implementation of facility or equipment based upgrades to adequately address process improvement.
• Proactively, positively, and constructively supports the Company's vision, values statement, and company direction at all times.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering field, with approximately two to five years of experience in manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of design, machining, fabrication, assembly tooling, and materials.
• Demonstrates knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies, and looks for opportunities to implement best practices.
• Utilizes computer aided design and modeling software (Solid Edge or similar programs) to create drawings or models. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Email, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineer job in Houston,Texas then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact Thomas Grider at 832-325-3361or by email at Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.