Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in New Hudson, MI for a Manufacturing Engineer.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Troubleshooting assembly issues
- Engineering solutions that build quality into the process
- Proactively implement safety improvements
- Provide rapid response to problems that come up during manufacturing.
- Act as a liaison with Engineering Department on design-related issues that are affecting throughput.
- Make component design changes as needed and help process Engineering Change Requests (ECRs). Promote design for manufacturing (DFM).
- Rapid solutions to daily manufacturing problems
- Improve throughput, efficiency, quality, and safety through engineered solutions.
- Enhance support of our assembly technicians. Provide response to technical questions, tooling needs, etc.
- Promoting a sense of urgency on our production floor.
- Creation of Preventative Maintenance (PM) program.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Minimum 3-5 years as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- Experience in assembly within a low volume, high mix environment.
- Proficient with CAD.
- Proven experience in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Toyota Production System (TPS) methodologies.
- Proficient experience with MS Office tools such as Word, Excel and Access
- Self-starter, highly motivated, requiring minimal direct supervision
- Strong organizational, analytical and prioritization skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Proven strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong negotiating and solid decision making skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Ability to determine the appropriate level of urgency to address critical issues
- Ability to follow manufacturing safety policies and procedures.
- Must possess exceptional mathematical skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering is required.
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.