The Manufacturing Engineering group is the lead organization innovating and implementing Lean Manufacturing thinking, techniques, and processes to drive continuous improvements. In addition, the MEs own and maintain product Bill of Materials (BOMs) and product structures. The engineer will create and constantly refine process flows and Value Stream Maps to maximize the productivity and efficiency of the entire factory organization. Key Responsibilities:
- Influence quality practices and integrated test methodology, including First Article Inspections for initial units out of production, RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Actions) on audit findings, and facilitating actions based on critical quality events.
- NPI (New Product Introduction) participation in product development teams, manage the product verification process prior to production startup, and ensure flawless delivery of new products that integrate seamlessly with factory processes and systems.
- Ability to report, document and present technical subject matter, summarize data, and recommend solutions to peers and management in a clear and concise manner.
- Define and publish simple and clear manufacturing assembly instructions describing precisely how Assemblers are to build and integrate products, understandable by a wide audience with varying levels of experience and abilities.
- Be the manufacturing expert and role-model to resolve any issue limiting the factory's ability to ship products that meet all customer expectations through the relentless application of Lean Manufacturing.
- Attention to detail throughout the supply chain, including vendor qualification and partner with materials procurement teams to establish reliable, on-time delivery of required components.
- Familiarity with computer system hardware and software design and development, ability to isolate sources of defects between electrical and mechanical sub-systems.
- Team leader with the ability to influence cross-functional teams across multiple geographies in order to achieve business deliverables.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering, 2-4 years relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in Lean Manufacturing techniques and practices, ability to apply this methodology to drive continuous improvement in a variety of areas and influence teams to achieve and measure results.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of manufacturing processes, including: Kitting, Assembly, Mfg Testing, packaging, diagnostics, and trouble shooting.
- Team and meeting facilitation that utilize and exercise problem solving skills.
- Ability to extract and analyze data, summarize and draw conclusions that lead to the solutions to problems, present and persuade others using the data and conclusions.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment, and create order in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with high technology system manufacturing processes, ISO 9000 experience is a plus.
Provides technical and sustaining engineering support in a manufacturing area.
Provides technical and sustaining engineering support in a manufacturing area. Recommends and implements equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products. Develops and conducts statistical analysis such as Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) targeting physical cause of failure for yield loss and improving quality. Interacts with product design and development personnel to ensure that processes and designs are compatible.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. 2 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.