Plan and execute requirements of the Strategic Business Unit. The position will be held accountable for cost, delivery, and quality of operations on all equipment as directed by the Cell Leader.
• Plan, execute and report priorities
• Man-hour estimates.
• Reacting to changing priorities.
• Record-keeping and reporting.
• Demonstrates initiative to learn industry and project requirements.
• Provide general production support for machining and/or assembly area as needed
• Evaluate upgrades for machining or assembly.
• Troubleshoot issues (quality, efficiency, etc.) on machine.
• Communication liaison between engineering, production, marketing, purchasing, etc. and cell leader
• Collaborates efforts with team members and works as a team player.
• Provide technical assistance.
• Provide hands-on problem resolutions.
• Report and facilitate correction of out-of-specification conditions.
• Determine the proper processes
• Create and analyze standards and operation layouts.
• Select and implement proper fixturing and tooling for machining and/or assembly job.
• Perform capital equipment justification as needed.
• Plan and implement preventive and corrective actions for reducing scrap, rework and down time.
• Research and implement new technological ideas to keep the cell continuously improving.
• Recommend and implement process improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.S. Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• 1-3 years manufacturing experience with demonstrated ability to produce results per project schedules and cost targets.
• Experience with CNC machines including Mazak, Nakamura, Swiss and/or FMS-style systems.
• Experience with programs including Mazatrol, WinCNC, GibbsCAM, MasterCam or complex G&M coding.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Innovative process design skills.