Eaton has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer on 1 shift in Beltsville, MD.
Create a world class manufacturing organization by leading the implementation of a lean organization. Primary focus on reducing waste, cost and inefficiencies, while creating standards, increasing value and employee engagement.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading the lean transformation across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements tooling layout, design& implementation to production, support production team with process improvements & troubleshooting, work with product design on new product tooling & processes, factory layout, and continuous improvement activities (kaizen events, use of six sigma tools, 5S etc.).
- Lead continuous improvement and lean implementation using Eaton Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) to eliminate waste, reduce process variations and deliver products to customer’s expectations. Lead/ facilitate kaizen events including the Value Stream Mapping Events, process improvements, and strategic initiatives in collaboration with the High Performance Work Teams (HPWT).
- Identifies and resolves opportunities, gathers and analyzes information, develops and implements actions plans to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices. Understands shop capacity planning related to equipment, processes, and manning. Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies. Assists others in root cause and failure analysis as required.
- Develops and coordinates project plans. Communicates changes and progress status. Completes projects on time and within budget.
- Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions and ideas for improving work and processes.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self-performance against high level of excellence.
- Assist leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resources optimization. Extracts data from ERP systems as needed.
- Supports Environmental Health and Safety projects to promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing engineering environment implementing Lean Mfg. and Six Sigma principles/measures
- Experience with Pro/E, Catia, and Microsoft
- Experience supervising a team
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.