Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will support the manufacturing of Steam Turbines and Generators in a highly cross-functional environment within GE Power & Water in Schenectady, NY - the birthplace of GE and the business headquarters. You will identify and implement the New Product Introduction (NPI) and New Technology Introduction (NTI) projects and the associated capital equipment projects to manufacture world class Steam Turbines and Generators in a cost effective fashion.
In addition, you will:
* Utilize a New Product Introduction tollgate process for Steam Turbine and Generator Products
* Be responsible for producibility / process capability, manufacturing process development, tool design, manufacturing cost estimating, Sourcing technical support, Quality qualifications, test support, product cost reduction efforts, and Capital Equipment projects
* Support Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing initiatives
* Provide technical leadership for the manufacturing processes and testing of electric generators
* Own or support manufacturing engineering projects requiring development of specifications, supplier management, purchase, installation and qualification of manufacturing equipment
* Support the machinist department through technical support, tooling and setup material
* Partner with NC programmer and machinist to establish machinist best practices
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Machining, Engineering Technology (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 5 years of engineering experience)
* Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing engineering or machining experience
* Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time, as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Materials Engineering (or Engineering Technology)
* Proficient with CAM / CAD software systems
* Experienced in one or more of the following: Metal Forming & Joining (Punching / welding / brazing), Composite Material and Adhesives applications, CNC Programming & Machining, or PLC / Computer controls
* Minimum of 5 years of tool or process design experience
* Corporate Leadership Training Program graduate: manufacturing, operations or engineering programs
* Six Sigma Green Belt certified OR equivalent Quality certification (GE Employees only)
* Up to date technical knowledge of the latest trends in manufacturing technology and the ability to apply and adapt the technology to new situations
* Strong communication skills, interpersonal, oral and written
* Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
* Ability to work in a matrix organization with minimal supervision
* High attention to detail and accuracy
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.