The facility is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer and reports to the Technical Leader. The successful candidate will be a professional Engineer with proven skills in operations and maintenance. Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of achieving results through people engagement are required. The manufacturing engineer monitors daily performance of the process and product quality and takes appropriate actions to maintain both at optimal and specified performance targets. S/he also works closely with peers to introduce new products and processes to the plant and is the first line of contact with our customers regarding product issues.Job Function Summary
: The manufacturing engineer is the key process control person. He/she monitors daily performance of the process and product quality and takes appropriate actions to maintain both at optimal and specified performance targets. He/ she also works closely with Product and Process Engineers to introduce new products and processes to the plant. They are the first line of contact with our customers during product issues that may arise. They work closely with the primary team to ensure that all resources are available to allow them to perform their job.Responsibilities and Duties of Position
Qualifications for Position
- Contribute to a safe working environment: know all safety rules and procedures for the plant, know all lockout procedures for their position, understand all safety signs and documentation.
- Ensure all customers' FFU are met.
- Implement new processes or modifications to existing processes.
- Implement procedures for new products/ process
- Provide leadership, coaching and training in variation reduction, problem solving & avoidance and people strategies.
- Coordinate trials for new products including logistics of raw materials and creation of process specifications.
- Work closely with S&T, vendors, and suppliers as needed.
- Work with the maintenance department during scheduled preventive maintenance and when the process fails.
- Work with the product scheduler to ensure that the lines they are responsible for are running in the most effective manner.
- Report performance metrics (JE and OE) to the plant and company leadership.
- Prepare, execute, revise and measure progress on the production plan, plant and in individual critical outcomes.
- Identify engineering initiatives that will result in positive gains in safety, product quality and finance. Communicate process improvements throughout the organization using visual systems; drive actions to closure and sustain improvements; rack, validate, and post predicted savings.
- Create and communicate product and processes specifications through the use of the shift huddles and setup sheets.
- Level of Education required: BS in engineering
- Technical Experience required:
- 3-5 years manufacturing, maintenance or materials management
- Demonstrated ability or ability to understand plant vision, goals, and objectives and wet form mat fabrication and coating processes.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC's including PLC 5's, Control Logix and Device Net
- Certifications preferred: 6 sigma or lean
- Knowledge required: Able to learn and operate the following: Microsoft Software: Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer, Aspentech Program, SAP, CMES
- Competencies, skills and abilities required:
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Oral and written communication
- Customer Focus
- Tolerance for stress
- Project Management
- Ability to Motivate and Influence People to Implement Change
- Physical requirements: must pass pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol screen.
Travel Percent: 5-10%
- Employment qualifications: Applicant must fill out an Owens Corning application on line, complete a pre-employment physical that includes a drug and alcohol test and have a satisfactory background check.