The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for operational process improvements and the upkeep of equipment throughout the facility. This role provides an effective interface for the mechanical and preventative maintenance needs throughout the facility and is expected to keep equipment operational through preventive maintenance, troubleshooting through to resolution, coordinating maintenance and repair services while following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI! Job Description
- Supports the Value Stream by recommending and implementing methods for eliminating waste such as restructuring jobs, reorganizing work flow, reallocating tools/equipment.
- Effectively develops and improves existing equipment specifications, performance requirements, reduces machine downtime, and maintains/develops effective standard work.
- Develops and recommends equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis and proposals for integrating machinery, equipment and tooling into the manufacturing process
- Monitor and evaluate production efficiencies including but not limited to: scrap generation, identifying ways to reduce scrap and ensuring product quality standards.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and confirming fabrication, assembly and installation processes.
- Provide necessary support to maintain and utilize the maintenance software to better coordinate work orders, repair requests, parts inventory and preventative maintenance schedule.
- Managing, motivating subordinates to reach peak performance.
- Plant, Employee and Manufacturing Management
- Fabrication, Paint Line, Warehouse
- Plant Maintenance and Safety Leaders
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline
- 5 years of experience in equipment maintenance, manufacturing/mechanical engineering, or process improvement
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office is important
- Excellent communication skills for this hands-on role
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com.
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.